- About us
- Our Approach
- What Do We DO
- Our Well Wishers
- Contact Us
SADHANA was born out of the dream of a group of persons who together believe that it is possible to bring about a world where people with any kind of disability are treated equally and rightfully as part of one society.
- SADHANA was formed on 2nd October 1996 and became a registered society under Society Registration Act XXI of 1860 on 21st March 1997.
- To fulfil the intention of working among marginalised groups in a deprived area, SADHANA started its work in 1999 in 15 villages of Baripada Block of Mayurbhanj district with support from CAPART.
- In 2001 SADHANA extended its work to 20 villages with support from Madre Teresa Di Calcutta, Italy.
- In 2005 SADHANA extended its operation to the whole of Baripada block, all 11 Gram Panchayats (104 villages) with support under Orissa Civil Society Poverty Programme supported by DFID, UK. After three years OCSPP project was withdrawn and SADHANA continued its operation in 7 GPs Baripada Block with support from MTDC, Italy and CBR Forum Bangalore.
- In 2006 5 acres of land was purchased in Suliapada block with support from MTDC, Italy.
- In 2009 SADHANA extended its operation to the remaining 4 GPs of Baripada Block and 6 GPs of Suliapada Block with support from Cordaid Netherland.
- In 2010 with support from MTDC, Italy and support from Individual friends from Malta, Italy and UK construction of a training-cum-administrative building was initiated. It is expected that this construction will be completed by April 2013.
- In 2012 SADHANA took up a community based inclusive child development programme with support from Child Rights and You (CRY) in three Gram Panchayats of Baripada Block.
What People Say
I was not at all aware of sadhana until i developed sadhana websites......i casually visited the website but i was really touched by their work flow....and thought of lending my hands to them...Manoj Sahoo
We had a great learning experience of how an NGO is to be maintained, and treated so that it excels in the role for which it was started. Sadhana is an outstanding example of a professionally maintained organization.EVSPL Team